Wednesday, May 12, 2010

When All Else Fails - Knit


I only had two students come to class today. I guess my mommies had other things going on, and the others, well, I don't know. One who came had to work on his tractor report for Conservation so we decided to knit. I taught my faithful aide, Robin, and Morris student, Santana, how to cast on and knit Continental, or German, style. They took to it just fine. Mei-Mei bamboo needles and handspun yarn by Libby and Kim did the trick. I'm supposed to add a Life Skills component to my GEd curriculum and knitting is certainly a life skill. Robin and I had to stay after school to recertify in crisis resolution. It starts out talking then goes to the physical part, which is really funny when teachers are practicing "restraints." I NEVER intend to put this stuff into practice, but learning it is fun, especially when I am doing a take-down floor restraint on a CUTE 20 something teacher and we all end up laughing hysterically because all I can remember to do is straddle his behind. It was the most fun I had all day.

No comments: