Saturday, May 29, 2010

New Market Friend


I made a new little friend at the market today - Karen's little doggie came all decked out in her new dress. What a cutie. The weather was threatening rain early this morning but cleared as we set up the booth. Traffic was steady and the day was delightful. Matt's co-worker stopped by from NY Weatherization with his teacher-wife and we were able to talk shop for a while. The weather was warm, a bit humid, but nothing like what we endured mid-week. I got some spinning done and chatted with many booth visitors over the course of the day. I found some leeks for Mary and surprised her with some eggplant and squash plantlings. She was thrilled and promised me some goodies when the plants give forth their gifts. I bought some green-vegan-petroleum free cleaning supplies from Hamilton Whole Foods and wormer at Tractor Supply on the way home. I'm tired but feeling good about the market. Next weekend will see the Colgate Alumni people coming through which should be busy for us. A lovely breeze is blowing through our little valley. Brunch with Mary tomorrow followed by creekside lime daiquoris. Have to get my piggie pen ready for the little bundles which I'll bring home from Mary's tomorrow.

No comments: