Saturday, May 22, 2010

More Market Images





The Hamilton Farmer's Market is a cacophony of colors, aromas and textures. It's sensory overload for me and on a sunny, breezy day like the one we had today, it's just wonderful. There are fiber people, bread people, cheese people, pottery people, woodworkers, beekeepers, salsa people, jam people, flower growers and meat people. I even found a new vendor who makes oversized cookies and has her newborn in a little bassinet behind her booth. Patrons were very interested in my spinning. The market is a great place for me to get some serious yardage done on my wheel. I have to explain the process dozens of times, which I am happy to do. Most people have absolutely no idea where their textiles came from. I send anyone who wants to learn to Bainbridge and my good friend, Lisa Merian, who has a studio on her farm.

No comments: