Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cold and Rain


My milk room steps said 28 F. this morning as I left for work. I don't believe I scraped ice from my windsheild after Mother's Day all those years of living in New Jersey. I personally love the cold, especially in the spring when everything is so green and the wild apple trees are blooming. When I let the sheep out of the pen they leap and jump on the hill, so happy to be out on the grass. Several still have their fleeces on which undulate when they do that sheepy four-legged boing, boing, boing over the field. Love to watch them feeling so good after a winter in the barn. Rain is forecast for the next couple of days. Fine with me as it just makes the grass greener and higher. I can't help but be cognisant of the fact that I made it through yet another winter in Northern Appalachia.

No comments: