Monday, May 24, 2010

Mermaids



It's THAT time again, and I have to thank my friend Mary the Shepherd for starting up the swimming season again. She called to say come swimming as I was walking out of the school at almost 4 today. By the time I went to the PO, market, and Postma's for their fabulous hay, and home to let the sheep out, get changed and hike up the hill with the doggies, Mary and the performing troupe was gone. Hope to catch them tomorrow. The intrepid Border Collies are larger than life. They stare at you with those intense ex-ray eyes and bend you to their will. It's HOT out there and the sheep ate their way up to the pond to take a drink. They are so beautiful on the grass and I can't stop taking pictures of them. The forecast says sun and heat all week. We'll be hurting for rain, but the lovely spring fed pond will always be full, clear and cold for human and sheep consumption.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Great color in that first photo! So pretty.

Libby said...

I envy you your pond. I spent 6 hours on the tractor today, where the 85 degree air that occasionally blew in was a cool breeze.