Sunday, May 09, 2010

Horatio Brings Home the Blue Ribbon




My photograph entitled "RIP Horatio" won the blue ribbon in the sheep portrait category at Md. Sheep and Wool. Competition was stiff with many fabulous sheep related photos. Last year I won first in the sheep portrait and Best in Show. Prior to that it was 12 years ago that I won a blue in the same category. I'm happy with my blue and had hoped to win another one in the landscape section but my Luna won a second place. I'm happy to have those two stunners to hang in my apartment. Cock and Wool didn't place at all but one admirer from Newfoundland came to my booth to tell me how much she liked the little rooster in the wool. I gave her the notecard as a momento of her trip to the festival. I have so many sheep pictures it's hard to pick just the right ones to enter. It's costly to have them enlarged, laminated and matted but then I have nice pics to hang when the show is over.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

I'm glad your pictures were appreciated! They are amazing.

Henya said...

Congradulations! The photos are stunning.