Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday Musings


After two hours at the sink and a bit of scrubbing I can see the bottom. Working on the countertops now. I found some rhubarb in the rubble and boiled it with fresh strawberries and honey - ooooohhhh, so delicious. Honey is a gift from Mother Nature. I bought 5 gallons last week from Mahlon Palmer, my favorite beekeeper vendor at the market and am slowly working on it. I use it in my soap, nightly tea, and cooking. It has magical powers I'm convinced. The little chick is hiding in the milk room. Holly tells me where it is, but I can't get to it under the washer and dryer. Hope mom comes back to claim it. I've found that hens can't count. The cluck a certain beacon sound to tell all the chicks to follow her, and most of them do, but when some are left behind I don't think she knows it. Remember Watership Down which told us that rabbits can't count past five? I should reread that book, it's my favorite of all time. The weather is glorious out there, and the forecast is hotter next week. Farmers are out making hay, as they should be with weather like this. We could have two solid months of rain this summer. I found some shorts from last summer. Jeans are suddenly too hot. Once the countertops are tidied I'll make creme, then sew a bit, then do some more barn chores. What a joy to be home for the day.

No comments: