Saturday, March 06, 2010

Ram Lambs




I have some fabulous ram lambs this year. Good thing they are so handsome because three of them won't go into the stew pot. Mary, my shepherd friend across the valley, is thinking about taking one of dearly departed Othello's boys, Nicholas and Loki. I want to keep Blue Boy, partially because I worried so much about him coming along as an infant, and because he is so handsome and "blue." Bluefaced Leicesters are supposed to have some blue pigment on their faces. I just spent some time in the barn, watering, feeding, and playing with my sheep. For me, playing with them is leaning on a post and letting them rub against me, give me hot wet kisses, gaze into my eyes, and generally just hanging with them. It straightens me out every time. They are so honest and uncomplicated, and so sublime.

1 comment:

Henya said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to decompress.