Thursday, March 18, 2010

Another Beautiful Day


This weather is so lovely, 30 F. when I left for work and around 60 when I climbed up the hill with the doggies after school. Better enjoy it as snow is forecast for Sunday and Monday. Holly chased the pair of geese away before I could get there. Maybe they won't lay eggs after all - couldn't blame them. I'm dishing out the ground chicken and cow's livers to the cats and dogs. It's going way too fast. They swallow it whole (except for Pip who dropped the chunk of liver and nosed it long enough for Holly to steal it from him) and then it's gone. At least the kibble stays in the bowl for snacking later. I hate the stuff but it's a lot less messy than slicing up bloody parts. This liver looks so good I find myself wondering if I should cook it and make Jewish chopped liver, with lots of onions and crumbled scrambling eggs - hmmmmm, good!! I have enough roosters for another run in a week or so if Mary is up to it. Matt is on his way home from Plattsburgh, where he watched Canadian TV and people spoke French instead of English. A couple more weeks and he's off to Austin, Texas for a week.

No comments: