Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Goodnight


Just got in from chores - 9 PM. Just in time to watch the Irish in America in honor of St. Paddy's Day. Matt is in Plattsburgh, up by the Canadian border, doing his weatherization training thing. I know he is happy doing what he is doing so fine with me. Mary took 15 roosters to be processed today, after dropping me off at school. She picked me up and there were the boys, in neat bags in a cooler. Mary also gave me a gift of a big bucket of cow livers. Let me tell you, my dogs were in heaven. They like their kibble with raw eggs, but this was something new and different and wonderful. Trouble is I don't think they tasted the liver it went down so fast. I have at least another 15 roosters to go on another trip. There will be more roosters I'm sure, as I have a hen already sitting on eggs in the hay mow upstairs. It was nice not to have to stop and buy cat food on the way home. I really appreciate Mary's help with this other side of farming that I am not comfortable with. Now for a tiny little bit of LF cottage cheese, replacing my light vanilla, some sewing and some blessed sleep. I took a lovely hike with the doggies up to the pond this afternoon, first time this year. The water was crystal clear and I was hoping to see the elusive gold fish, put in the pond four years ago as a little thing, now a foot or more long. I spotted him on my first trip up there last spring, with his gorgeous big fan tail swishing through the reeds. I didn't see him, and didn't go all the way around the pond because I didn't want to disturb the pair of Canadian geese swimming around in the water. I wonder if they are thinking about laying eggs by the pond. Wouldn't that be lovely. I would be a nervous wreck about the dogs, but I guess the parents would take care of that. Let's see what happens. Nighty-night.

No comments: