Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Groggy


I love to stay up late and sew. Late night is my only "free time" after Matt has gone to bed and I can run my sewing machine without the noise annoying him. What man likes the sound of a drive band slipping and squeaking, with loose parts clattering? I need to bring my old Singer in for a tune up, but as long as it's working I'll use it. I drifted away around midnight, then felt Matt shaking me awake at 5 to get up and make him coffee. He's off to work in Albany today, then home tonight to help me catch roosters, then he's off to Plattsburgh waaaaay up north tomorrow. Mary is helping me get some roosters processed into dog/cat food at a place she uses. She'll drop me off at work tomorrow AM, deliver the birds for me, then pick them and me up in the PM. I hate to do it, but the big, feathery brutes are taking over the barn. I have to guard the cats while they eat, and even the big White Boys have a hard time finishing their kibble for being attacked by roosters. Matt wants to kill and pluck them, then give them whole to the dogs, but that's easier said than done. This way they will come back to me in neat little packages and I can pretend they've gone to another happy barn to live. I love hatching chicks, but Mother Nature gives us boys and girls, even though only one good male is needed. Funny how that parallels human life. One good male is about all I can handle. I weighed in for the BOCES BIGGEST LOSER yesterday. Over 30 staff members payed five dollars and joined the contest. I had a carrot for breakfast, then two hard boiled eggs for lunch. Predictably, I was hurting around 2 PM and had an apple. I had a decent dinner last night, then only one (well, maybe two) spoonfuls of my adored light vanilla ice cream last night. Yes, I will have to ease into this routine...but I went a day without BREAD, my favorite stuff of life. I want to look nice for Mia's wedding, and it's not going to happen overnight. I had artificial sweetener in my coffee this morning. Yuck, it's horrible. I think one scant teaspoon of sugar is going to have to stay and I'll make up for it in other ways. Yes, D I E T is a four letter word.

1 comment:

~ Teresa ~ said...

Sugar is more natural anywise! I think that it healthier to eat sugar instead of sweeteners....