Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Doggies!


I'm always lucky if I find something "clean" to wear on St. Paddy's Day, forget about "green." But I'll try. My pinky is killing me. Knut was trying to come in through the north side barn door where Thor was lying on his doggie bed, happily chewing on a hardened piece of deer skin. I walked over to the door and called Knut to come on in, when Thor jumped up and did one of his posturing "you're not coming in here, you're not getting near my bitch (me) or my deerskin." Knut responded by jumping on Thor and there were two Big White Superhero Dogs doing battle right on top of me. They're like grizzly bears on their hind legs making as much fiercesome noise as they possibly can. This behavior rarely results in any bloodshed at all, not even a hair out of place, but it's very scary to watch. When I'm working around them they stare at each other and make low, rumbling, growling noises, curling their lips ever so slightly. Thor and Knut have been mine since puppies, but I still like to get out of the way in case one of those fangs gets caught anywhere on my person. Well, my person turned to run but I tripped on Thor's bed, went flying and crashed into a post and landed on the concrete floor. I just don't respond to this sort of activity the way I used to and laid there for a few seconds, checking out all the systems. My pinky needs to be taped and hurts like heck, but my knee got better overnight after massaging with my shepherds creme (there's a plug).

No comments: