Thursday, March 04, 2010

Jury Duty


Instead of rushing off to school, I was rushing north to the Madison County Court in Wampsville. Took an hour plus to get there, in perfect driving conditions. Thank goodness, no snow today. There I was, rubbing the sheep poop off my clogs in the snow in front of the court house. I don't even bother at school, they are so used to it...but court? Wanted to put my best feet forward. I was very apprehensive but found it to be very interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Human drama at it's finest, better than TV. Judge Biaggio DeStefano swore us in, a foreman and secretary were chosen, and we started hearing cases. Lots of laws and legalize to review. Attorneys presented witnesses to crimes, policeman and experts giving testimony, and we had to decide if the accused would be indicted and go to trial. The DA and Assistant DA for Madison County were there examining witnesses. A very big responsibility. All kinds of cases, theft, arson, DWI, I'm not allowed to give details. Anyway, we were released and I got home late for the second night in a row. Poor doggies. Last night was after 7. I'm exhausted, but doing chores always perks me up. I sit in the hay mow with the goaties, give Billy his bottle, and watch the young ones play. The upper hay mow is my "great room." I hold a bucket of corn up for Chris and he loooooves it. This is the only time I can touch him. He was never properly gentled as a baby and hates human touch. I hope my next llama lets me stroke those beautiful llama banana ears. If I put the corn on the floor the goats won't let him have a kernel. Chris is gigantic compared to the goats, but he's too sweet to push his way in. Is tomorrow really Friday? Could it be true? I don't want to get too excited in case it's a fleeting fantasy. I am prone to fantasize...

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

How is Chris doing being the "big brother" to the goaties :) He's such a big sweetheart!
HUGS to all
Kim and crew