Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Milder Today


Rushed out the door with more fabric for students, Easter Egg dyeing accoutrement, white store bought eggs, cheap white bread and new jars of store brand peanut butter and jelly for students who work a whole lot better with something in their stomachs. Sometimes I feel like my arms are going to rip right off. Had to make two trips to get all my gear down to my room on the opposite side of the complex and down two flights of stairs. It was too early to grab a kid or I would have. A student saw teachers taking their driving physicals and came to the room to tell me to please get one so I can take them out to lunch. I had the paperwork but didn't get around to filling it out. Luckily they let me fill out the forms while waiting for a break in the appointments. Incredibly, three teachers signed the part vouching for my moral character, and I passed the pee test. There are times when I am very grateful for my rather dull and boring past, as in raising kids and sheep, so I can answer "no" to any convictions, drugs or other touchy subjects. I had a pretty thorough exam by two docs and found out my BP is down 20 points on both numbers. I guess the 5 pounds lost so far and absence of crap in my diet is working in my favor. Soon as the paperwork goes through I can take a school vehicle and take my crowd out to lunch, museums, shopping, or to my farm. Won't that be fun! One student finished her bag and immediately put her stuff in it and wore it out of the classroom. Two more bags are on the machine. One girl is a bit tired of sewing up and down straps, but I did warn them there is a LOT of sewing with Bundaflicka Bags. The kids who were not sewing dyed the Easter Eggs and taught me how to make a resist with a crayon to draw designs on the eggs! So much fun. Home to the farm after playing a fast game of volleyball with students last period. So much to do. Easter, Good Friday and Passover are upon us. I'll be practicing my very Biblical lifestyle here on the farm in my pastoral church. Wish I could visit AJ's seminary on Easter but it's too far away. I bet it's a beautiful service.

2 comments:

Aaron Joshua Oliver said...

You can come to the service at noon on Sunday and pick me up if you want!

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Have a happy and blessed Easter!!!!
HUGS to all
Kim and crew