Monday, March 08, 2010

Five AM


Up at 5 AM to make coffee, cook oatmeal for the kitties, check email for that nod from Hollywood on my book deal, take doggies out, etc. Not sure it was such a good idea to see the Oscars through to the end. We rented Hurt Locker a couple of months back and I can't say I was drawn into it. Maybe I should give it another try. Glad Kathryn Bigelow's Indy movie won over her gazillion dollar ex-husband's Avatar film, but I'm not sure it should have. Now Jane Campion should have won best director for The Piano years ago. That was an incredible flick. Not sure if I want to see Precious. Maybe when it comes out on cable. Maybe. I got several partially finished Bundaflicka bags done over the weekend and another one last night. Glad I still like to sew because I'm going to be doing a lot of it. Soapmaking will begin in earnest next weekend. Good weather continues. Sunshine helps everyone's disposition. People were walking around in tee-shirts in New Berlin yesterday. I bet the flip-flops will be out at work today, even with snow still on the ground. Back to the salt mines. I think I should lie down for a few minutes while that thought slowly sinks in. Like Mia said to me when she was a little girl, "Mommy - everybody works!" Yes, we do.

No comments: