Saturday, March 20, 2010

More Shearing Day




I obsessed and worried about it all week, but shearing day went better than I could hope for. I knew Kim and Darryl were coming and they are as faithful and capable as the day is long, but I was still nervous. With Matt in and out of town, and me gone all day at work with all kinds of worries from my job at school to getting in hay to finding sheep wranglers to gathering together all the shearing supplies like wormers, vaccines, hoof trimmers, wound care spray, needles, syringes, clear plastic bags, markers, scissors, drinks for workers, lunch for Kim and Crew, camera charged and money for everybody, to arranging for picking up more hay today, yada, yada, yada. Somehow it all came together and I have the wool I need for Md. Sheep and Wool. Now it's up to me to get it washed, dyed in pretty and unique colors, dried, packed up and shipped to the carding mill in the right color blends to be delivered to me in Maryland for sale. That's along with making and wrapping a box car load of soap, sewing bags, collating photo notecards, and making shaving cups and lots of Shepherd's Creme. Am I going to do all that? Ah, yep!

1 comment:

Trish said...

You WILL do it-and I have no idea how you do all that!!