Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Oh, What a Storm


The rain feels cold enough to be snow but it's not. Snow would not be as penetrating and bone chilling as this stuff. Windy and so nasty. Ofcourse I left my rain jacket in the van and I have so much to carry I can't exactly run. Three stops to market, PO and gas. Thankful for fleece vest, Goretex jacket and sturdy clogs with socks. Farmer clothes rule! Home to the greeting of kitties waiting for their kibble, which I give them right away so they don't trip me carrying in my groceries. I was not able to retrieve my big bag of pink wool, as the director who kindly picked it up put it in her trunk and was away at a meeting today. I'll get it tomorrow, hopefully. It belongs with a 30 pound run already on the way to the mill. The day went smoothly and had me wishing all days at school were so much fun. Making buttons with polymer clay and sewing Bundaflicka totes was wonderful (after math and English, ofcourse.) I made three soy candles after I came back in from the rain, along with strong coffee with foamy milk - ready to face an evening of chores and cutting up lots of lavender soap, which is hardly a chore. It's simply divine.

No comments: