Saturday, March 27, 2010

Nippy


16 F. out there. I thought it felt a little nippy. I like to turn off the heat in the apartment when I go to bed. I always wake up around 3 to find it nice and cold, then turn the heat back on low. If I don't Matt has a fit. He came home exhausted last night from giving two tours of his nifty weatherization training facility to visitors. He slept through chores and is still snoring away in there, after 8 am the next morning. Tisk tisk, not good, sheep yelling for food and water out there. I had to put the goat's corn in a sack and hold it with my teeth as I climbed the ladder to get up in the hay mow. He usually hands the buckets up to me. I might have to trade him in for two 27 year olds. It took me two hours to do chores last night, which I love to do as it is the only real time I spend with my animals, but with Maryland 35 days away every hour is precious. He will call me at the booth wanting to know how much money I am making and I will tell him to go back to bed. I better do some laundry today. Every time I went to wash my only pair of blue jeans last week the washing machine was full of wool. It still is. Six big blocks of Lemongrass soap to cut up, but no where to put it to cure. Have to clear off my soap rack, which is stuffed full of fabric and sewing accoutrement. When Matt goes to Texas next month I'm bringing some BOCE boys over here to haul my big breakfront cabinets in the apartment for safe storage of my materials. He hates big furniture and loves the minimalist look, but it doesn't work for my farm business. I better get busy, time waits for no woman.

No comments: