Saturday, March 06, 2010

California Dreaming


Mia is having a fabulous time in California. She stayed with Hannah and Luke in San Jose for three days, then hopped over to San Francisco to visit Lisa. I got a surprise call today from a bridal salon where Mia had just picked out her wedding gown! It's absolutely stunning, so perfect for little Mia. THE GOWN is champagne silk organza with a lacey overlay, bare shoulder, a-line with a medium length train. Mia says it is very romantic and classic, and matches her classic Tiffany engagement ring. No pictures allowed online! Mia was concerned about Mom not being there to help pick it out, but best-friend Lisa doing the honors was fine with me I persuaded her. I'll design the head-piece with veil, bouquets, centerpieces, corsages, centerpieces, etc. We decided on midnight blue and cranberry red for colors, which will go with all the greens I want to put in the floral arrangements to represent Mia and Andrew's love of the outdoors. I'm going to make Mia a full length lined velvet cape with hood to wear over her dress when she travels to the wedding and reception. I think I might even have the pattern already. We decided she would wear my grandmother's gold diamond bangle bracelet and beaded purse, but earrings and a necklace will have to be found. I better brush up on my calligraphy as Mia wants me to address the invitations. I'll make scented candles with a romantic picture sticker on top of the canning jar for shower favors, and heart shaped lavender soaps wrapped in organza for wedding favors. I'm going to have so much fun I won't know what to do with myself!

2 comments:

Henya said...

This is so exiting. So much fun for you.

Cornerstone Fibres said...

WOW sounds like you have BIG plans :) Awesome -need any help give me a holler!
HUGs
Kim and crew