Thursday, March 11, 2010

Homeward Bound


Long day over. Not too bad. The Transition Coordinator who works with BOCES and two other districts came to visit with me after school to critique my IEP's and give me some pointers. Real nice guy. Movie day tomorrow for my GED kids. We're watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I can get some good lessons out of those movies and make the kids write essays, their favorite academic activity (hahaha). We work them hard all week and the movie is their treat. Weather is still nice so I better get out and enjoy it while I can. Rain coming tonight I think. I'm following the Iditarod race in Alaska. I'll do a lesson on the history of the run for the diptheria vaccine. There was a History Channel program on it I think - I'll try to find it. Love those sled dogs. I'd like to take a ride on a sled one of these days. I bet if I put a harness on Holly and Tanner they could take me for a good ride up my hill.

2 comments:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

LOL I can see it now with Izzy leading the Team ;) The three white boys could pull a hay wagon let alone a sled.
HUGS to all
Kim and crew

Anna said...

Tony's cousin is up in Alaska helping to take care of some of those doggies in the race. She loves it.