Sunday, February 13, 2011

Preparations


Susan and Lisa Palmer have been working hard on Mia's wedding favors. She and Andrew picked pine cone seedlings to symbolize their love for the outdoors. They are adorable. I'm working hard on Mia's black velvet Irish Kinsale Cloak with champagne colored paisley damask lining. I just got the collar on, with a huge amount of gathers under it. The cape falls around me like a cocoon. I know why they were popular in Ireland and other countries for hundreds of years before great coats came along. It's supposed to be warmer in NJ on Saturday, but I think it will still be cool enough for the cape. I don't know how Mia is holding it together, but she is perfectly composed. Just spoke to her on the phone. She's studying for a big nursing exam after being on duty all weekend and will have to work next week to have time off for her honeymoon. Work for her means on your feet for a ten hour day with many patients to take care of. It will be warm in NJ on Saturday but there are eight velvet cloaks on hangers. Good job, Mom.

No comments: