Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bun in the Oven

I have my tiniest baby Bluefaced Leicester ewe lamb in the oven. She's chilled and not sucking on her bottle took her inside and soaked her in a pot of warm water for a while, then tubed her with warm Sav-A-Lam, and am now keeping her warm on the oven door with a rack turned upright so she can't roll inside the oven. If I had an Aga I could really pop her in the oven, in one of the small compartments English shepherds have used for years to warm up chilled lambs. I hope she comes around. She is so precious, like a tiny doll with pointy ears. Sewing on Mia's wedding capes all weekend between sheep doings. Alas, no Fur Ball for me tonight. Duty calls...

2 comments:

woolies said...

Would love to see a pic of the baby in the oven. Where do you live? Fabulous pictures, and I love hearing about the farm.
:)

Maggie's Farm said...

I would love to show you a picture but I left my camera in school. She is doing much better - I call her Bella!