Thursday, February 17, 2011

Motown Madness



Matt picked me up at work and away we went, south on Route 17 through the Catskills. We hit Morristown after a fast 3-1/2 hour drive in perfect weather. Unloaded two trunks of capes, gowns and wedding accoutrement. Matt had gotten the Parkinsons situated on the farm and walked them through our daily routine. He told me Kim squealed with joy when she saw the lambs! I know she is in heaven. Mia arrived after one last meeting with the Hyatt catering manager. We spent the evening trying on shoes, going through silk flowers and floral equipment,and generally getting straight on all the logistics of the next three days. Ann Fisher is coming to put together centerpieces with me. Mia found me some fabulous shoes, which, sadly, are so beautiful they are not to be worn, just admired, while lying down. I squeezed my big farmer feet into them, tiptoed around, and promptly fell into the sofa over the arm. Finn thought that was great fun and jumped on me. We had a great hysterical laughing session that burned off a lot of stress. Fortunately, Mia has a pair that she wore at Lisa's wedding that will do perfectly.

1 comment:

Henya said...

How exiting!!!!