Monday, February 21, 2011

Flowers!






I thoroughly enjoyed putting together Mia's wedding bouquets. The best part was seeing how Mia loved her flowers. She wanted something long and dramatic, with some color, to complement her dress. There was no way I was going to let my daughter get married with "wrapped stems" the way so many brides are doing now. That's cheating, in my opinion. The bridesmaids were thrilled with their bouquets. The silk centerpieces were perfect for the neutral room. A few friends asked to take the centerpieces home with them and, ofcourse we said yes. We took a couple to Mia's apartment, then brough some home to the farm in the back of the pickup, wrapped in plastic garbage bags. They survived the trip just fine. I hope the little pine tree favors survive. I gathered up the trees people left on the tables to plant on my farm. I'll have a white pine "Mia and Andrew" grove someday.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Beautiful bride and a lovely bouquet. I like flowing type bouquets the best!