Tuesday, February 08, 2011

More Lambs

Two beautiful white ram lambs, clearly Blue Boy's and very Bluefaced Leicester, were just born to my very pretty black ewe. She's a first time mom and a little nervous, but she let me nurse her out no problem. A white ewe is starting up right now. I have to shift a ewe with twins into the kindergarten to make room for her. Kimmie Cornerstone is frantically knitting more sweaters for me up in Kingston. I should have been knitting them myself. It's getting colder in the barn and it's frigid outside with awful wind. Might have to cut up my own sweaters which I hate to do. Better get back out to the barn.

1 comment:

Crazy Lady with purple fingers said...

The Rescue remedy is made up of a mixture of herbs, I think it comes under other names too but it has been a lifesaver for me with the llamas and goats. And yes it is vanilla extract i used, I was at my wits end one day at what to use and thought of the vanilla and could not believe how the mother went after it on my hands so rubbed it all over the babies and by the time she had cleaned it off them the kids were hers. looks like you are going to have all your babies at once and when that happens a person runs out of pens to put them in but you are going to have a lot of beautiful fibre!!!!