Thursday, February 03, 2011

6 am


No babies last night that I can find. Sheep still "in bed." Wish I was, too. After two mugs of Strong Coffee I pushed a foot of frozen snow off Moby Dick. Now to see if I can get him out of the driveway. Had hoped neighbor farmer would come to plow but not this time. I should have turned the truck around but I didn't. Matt is still at RIT in Rochester, looking at pictures of crushed construction workers, etc. I have an eye appointment immediately after school and want to keep it. My eyes are getting worse and my 3 year old glasses aren't cutting it. I noticed I haven't been reading the NY Times anymore and maybe that's why. I can't see the print! I got three black velvet capelettes on hangers. Four more to go, then Mia's big Kinsale (Irish) Cape. I'm excited about it. We decided I would leave off the fancy hood, as she would never pull it over her hairdo with the tiara. It can be added later with buttons. OH, she will look like a princess. Don't know of any other brides who had a long black velvet cape to wear to the church, and then the reception. I didn't see anything like it in the magazines anyway. She will take pictures with the bridal party on the square in front of the church, then walk two blocks to the hotel in her cape. What a sight that will be. I'm trying to let a minimum of cat/dog fuzz get on the velvet as I sew - not an easy task. Whoops, 6:09 - better get to chores NOW.

No comments: