Sunday, November 29, 2009

Too Much to Do


Randy, former BOCES student, is here cleaning out my chicken room while the weather is still cooperating. I can hardly stand up in there. Once we have a real hard freeze, forget about raking out two feet of chicken dung. I have to figure out how to get enough hay in here to make it through the week. I have to get it from the farm down the road, ten bales at a time. Have to get my elevator fixed somehow. AJ came to visit yesterday and helped me get Matt home from the hospital. He's still real sick, but getting that infected kidney drained helped a lot. I don't think one day on the sofa is enough rest before he goes back to work, but he's determined to go tomorrow. I can't talk to him about farm matters as he's consumed with work issues. Then there's that retreat at the resort in Saratoga Springs next week, which I think will actually be better for him in terms of rest, with a comfy hotel room to relax in at night instead of this crazy farm. AJ helped me get my Star of Bethlehem up on the silo but had to go back to NJ to return Mia's car and take three hours worth of trains to get back to the seminary in Yonkers. The weather is lovely today but snow is coming. Big show in Syracuse, pray I can get my little van and goods up there on Friday after school. Planning anything in winter months is problematic up here in the Northland.

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

We'll get you there Friday night!!!
I'm counting down the days and sending up thoughts and prayers for good weather :)

HUGS
Kim