Monday, November 23, 2009

No Snow Yet


I'm surprised we've had no snow this far. Fine with me as I still have wool to pick on the rack outside. The sheep won't leave the barn because they have to walk through a stretch of mud. I'm not happy about that as the pregnant ewes need exercise to help the lambs come down without trouble. I'm planning my lambing pens, called jugs in sheep lingo, in the barn. Have to buy panels at Tractor Supply and get them cut there so I can wire them into cubicles in the barn. I pray the first ewe to give birth has a lot of colostrum so I can freeze it for subsequent lambs. I have some beautiful wool growing out there in the barn. Would have been better with coats on it. Seems to be a song I sing every year. There is nothing wrong with their appetites, that's for sure.

No comments: