Friday, November 20, 2009

Many Blessings


We cooked Thanksgiving dinner in my class yesterday. We have a full kitchen and we had the oven packed with turkey, yams, and pies. Even our tough kid who rarely participates rolled out the pie crust dough. It was a fantastic and bountiful meal. We managed to get everything ready for brunch at 11. I only have them half a day so we had to eat early. We went around the table and everyone gave thanks for something. The kid who rolled out the dough couldn't think of a single thing to be thankful for so we helped him. Finally we asked him about his little sister and he nodded yes. It was one of those "moments." Upstairs in the palatial cafeteria they were serving a Thanksgiving lunch with all the trimmings for $6, but our dinner was far more gratifying in many ways.

1 comment:

Heather Woollove said...

I just found your blog this morning and I just love it. Your students are lucky, indeed, to have someone like you to care for them so deeply.

...and your life! So daring!
(Now that I'm 50, I'm starting to become a little braver about my life, too!) :)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Heather
http://woollove-functional-fiberart.blogspot.com/