Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Home for the Holiday


Quiet at home. No family local so I won't cook today. I had a big Thanksgiving feast with my class in school and that's fine. I'll roast a symbolic chicken tomorrow so I can boil the bones and make soup. AJ might drive up in Mia's car over the weekend. I'll make yam and marshmallow casserole for him, his favorite, if he comes. I'd like to build a holiday bonfire outside and sit by it with the stars overhead and a glass of Harvey's Bristol Cream in my hand. NY State has just decreed we can't burn here anymore. It's always been that way in NJ, and I was incredulous to see the locals burning when I first moved here, but now I'm a local and I like to burn stuff once in a while. Nothing nasty, just old brush and scrap wood. Matt is still sick in the bed. He went to the doctor who told him he has diverticulitis, but it looks like the flu. I'm feeding him oatmeal, white bread and white toast until the antibiotic regimen is finished and the inflammation heals. I think his work stress is turning in on himself. I'm not invited to California for Christmas this year. I'll be in the barn with the sheep most of the time. Mia will be on duty Christmas Eve but has asked to have the next two days off to come to the farm. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!! Any lambs yet?
HUGS
Kim and crew