Saturday, November 07, 2009

My New Bag




Remember when I was lusting after Carol Crayonbox's felted bag at Fingerlakes? The one I told her to put aside but she sold when a customer waved two hundred dollar bills in front of her face? I probably would have sold it too, but I was very disappointed. I even pitched a little fit about it, just because I could and Carol would still be my friend. Terrible thing to do, but it felt good at the time with all the show stress and everything coming down. Well, Carol promised to make me another one and she made good on her promise AND, since it's hay feeding time, she let me pay for it with wool! THE BAG arrived yesterday, along with a new batch of fabric from Carol's secret source in Ithaca. The hours it takes to craft a bag like this simply cannot be calculated...the yarn is handspun from my Mother Fiber, knitting all those boxes of multiple colors, then the muscle it takes to hand-felt this big bag is just amazing. The lining and zipper are exquisitely attached to the bag. I'm really impressed! Mia's curtain fabric was included in the glorious shipment Small town area that we live in, Hal's, the Security and Law teacher, wife works part time in the Brookfield Post Office. When the three boxes of fabric arrived in the little PO, Hal's wife called over to BOCES in Norwich and told Hal to call me and tell me to get over there and pick them up. The Postal Ladies don't like boxes clogging up their rather limited space. I didn't get the call, but was headed over there anyway looking for my goodies. I was not disappointed. Mia's curtain fabric is fabulous...kind of graphic but earthy, and will go perfectly with Monika's brown suede sofa and black leather furniture. And you can't beat $1 a yard....I just hope there's enough of it.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Yay! I can't wait to see a picture of the new bag. You deserve it as hard as you work.

Did our letter arrive yet? If not, you'll have another surprise at the post office next week.

miaaviva said...

that bag is beautiful!!! wow... amazing!!!! can't wait to see the fabric.. no rush at all!!! product first!