Thursday, September 17, 2009

One Week Down


I have almost survived a whole week of my new job as Special Ed. GED teacher. I have eight students who are committed to earning their high school diplomas. Three are parents of babies and I am committed to doing as much as I can to help them on their way to a successful and happy life. I came home after running errands in my little rented VW Jetta. OH the German engineering, OH the rack and pinion steering! I am ruined for any other vehicle forever. If I had 12K burning a whole in my pocket I would buy it, but, sadly, I am shopping for a much cheaper vehicle...and if I could find something that would hold a couple of sheep in the back that would be even better. I have no time to car shop right now - not with a new job that requires time after school, and shows every weekend. I am headed out to Fingerlakes after school tomorrow, a three plus hour ride. Hope I get there before dark. I'll sleep in the back of the truck after setting up as much as I can. Last year I took Friday off and spent all day setting up but I can't do that this year. I'll do the best I can and just be tired and happy! One thing made me VERY happy today...my dyed fiber that Mia helped me get shipped three weeks ago was waiting for me when I pulled in. The first thing I saw was the contents of my cargo trailer spread all over the driveway (Matt is organizing it for me) and then I spied the boxes. I was so thrilled, as I didn't think they were able to get it done in time. It is absolutely GORGEOUS!! So soft and artfully blended. I'm so proud to bring it to Fingerlakes, this wonderful little festival where I have so many good friends to show it to. I have a TON of work to do to get ready tonight, so I have to go and make dinner and do chores, and maybe finish one more bag. I'm so excited. Wool is what it's all about, and what I work so hard for. Yes, wool is the Mother of All Fibers...

1 comment:

miaaviva said...

it is so beautiful! and to think people were starting at us when we boxed it up!!