Friday, September 11, 2009

Back to Oy-Vey


I want to forget today. Besides kid schtick in school, Matt called me in the classroom to tell me he, or a deer I should say, totalled my Jeep. My Jeep is no more and I have nothing to drive to work on Monday. Thankfully, Matt was wearing his seat belt when "the front end exploded in smoke and shards of glass and metal" and he was unharmed. He was on his way to pick up the van he rented to take half my store to the Garden State Sheep Breeders Festival in New Jersey. The State Policeman waited with him until the AAA tow truck came, two hours later, and made sure no cars or truck collided with my Jeep or the poor deer on the road. Matt came to pick me up at school in the F150 and we went to the park in Norwich to set up for Colorscape, in the pouring rain. It's still raining and might still be raining through tomorrow. What a bummer. My pop-up is not waterproof, long story, but suffice it to say the carpenter/builder purchased it and decided keeping a dry roof over me and my goods was not important at the time. I don't know why else one would purchase a pop-up if not to keep dry or out of the weather. There was a paper included which told how to order a "rain-fly" but that paper is long lost and I can't make heads or tails of the EZ-Up web site. There are tarps over my tables and the soaps are in covered boxes. Funny, I asked Matt to stop at the LLBean outlet next to his building at work and pick up a rain jacket for me. I gave AJ my nice Gortex jacket when he went hiking in the Swiss Alps and had nothing to wear. Matt got me a nice, cheap jacket, but it's not waterproof and it has no hood! I think he wants me to get wet. I have to drive over to the festival early to bring more stuff and determine what to do. Matt is heading for NJ in the wee hours and will set up in the covered pavillion. I wish I could see my sheep friends in New Jersey, but I thought staying in my new area would be cool, too. The weather on Sunday is supposed to be gorgeous, so if I can get through tomorrow without getting too wet, I'll be thrilled. Don't even want to think about a car. I stopped at a few used car places on the way home and everything is sooo expensive. I really hoped my Jeep would get me through one more winter. It was a gift from Mia, who received it as a gift herself, and very well-worn. Perfect for hauling a few sheep in the back, too. It hugged the snowy road like a wet diaper. I have to get to bed. I am working way too hard and am way too tired. When we split everything in the trailer I was amazed at how much product I have built up, and how much I have done with what I have to work with, which is very, very basic.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you are insured, it will pay for hitting a deer, minus the deductable, with no penalties. I hit a deer about 10 years ago and insurance covered it.

Henya said...

Oh no! Thank G-d your DH is OK. I hope Sunday will be very good for you.