Friday, September 04, 2009

Gorgeous Full Moon


I let the sheep out to graze but had to watch them with one eye while I did my chores. Had to do Matt's chores too as he was collapsed on the sofa and could hardly sit up to eat his dinner. Shortly after he was prone again. This job is taking a lot out of him. After three days back from vacation he is totally strung out. Hope he makes it to the market tomorrow. After getting everybody else taken care of for the night, and skirting two dark fleeces for washing, I climbed the hill with Izzy and Thor to get the sheep back in for the night. It was a bright as day and my body cast a long shadow on the hill. Thor likes to walk while leaning against me, just like Knut. Izzy knew why we were there and ran far up the hill to drive the sheep down. Good doggie! The beauty of the moon on the barn and hill with the sheep filing one by one into the barnyard fence was a bit overwhelming, and I had one of those "moments" when tears well up and I can't believe I'm here.

1 comment:

Laureli said...

I just found your blog today and wanted to say thank you for sharing your experiences there. I'm enjoying living my own dream vicariously thru your words & pictures, and it means a lot to me. This wonderful account made my own eyes well up...
not that I want to cry for any reason, but thank you.
~Illoura