Wednesday, July 08, 2009

What Else is New?


Woke up to grey and dampness. Just got the garbage down to the dumpster and the sheep out to pasture when the rain started. I can't imagine that anyone will complain about drought in the northeast this summer. We are drowning. Sure, the grass is growing but if you can't cut and bale it what's the use? I have weeds six feet tall and flowering on the driveway side of the barn. The pokeberries are higher than I am. I bought leads to tether Nils and Lars (the Goatie Boys) on the driveway to eat the weeds. That's a Green way to deal with the mega-growth from this rain. I let the kids sleep late, which is no different than any other day, and they are cuddled up watching cartoons. No need to make them get dressed if the weather is like this. I have soap oils and lye cooling in the sink and plan to make creme today. Luke and I will sew on bags - yes, he LOVES to sew. He begs to sew on the machine - his first power tool! I work the foot peddle and he guides the fabric. Works okay until he decides to watch the TV while sewing, then we have to stop. Sheep came back into the barn. They don't mind a little rain if they are hungry and need to graze, but a downpour? Nah, they would rather be in the barn. Their fleeces are short enough that I don't mind them getting rained on, but full fleeces can felt in the rain. Still plan to get coats on them but will have to hire some BOCES kids to help me. Mr. Director of Training is busy saving energy.

No comments: