Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Luke is Happy



With our Madison County Fair earnings in hand we journeyed to Walmart. Heaven forbid there might not be a regular hearty meal or juicy snack within reach if one desires. Then there are the kitties and doggies...I am uncomfortable as anyone with WM policies toward employees, etc., but when I pay 1,3 or 5 dollars less for an item there than other places it pays for a tank of gas to get there. And then there was the hidden motive harbored by a certain 7 year old grandson - the toy!! Yes, there it was. I rationalized the purchase by telling myself the price equals six bars of soap. I only see them twice a year if I'm lucky. Yada, yada, yada. The sales person assured me there is a 90 day guarantee. Last thing I wanted was to get the car home, have it not work, then drive 60 miles round trip to take it back. The car worked fine and Luke was thrilled....UNTIL the batteries ran out after about 10 minutes of driving. Omi neglected to buy a giant pack of AA's, or, better yet, rechargeable ones. No euphoria lasts forever. I thought we would have a day on the farm with no travelling anywhere - lots of food, human and otherwise, and we would have a glorious day at home. The dream would be real but for the blasted batteries.

1 comment:

Henya said...

Luke lookes like he likes his car.
I think that by now I have spend more on bateries, then on toys themselves.