Thursday, July 16, 2009

Harry Potter Day


We are shooting for the 2:40 showing of the new Harry Potter movie in New Hartford, a half hour drive north of here. We're very excited, despite the not-so-hot review in the Sunday NY Times. What do NY Times movie critics know about Harry Potter anyway? As long as my kidlets are happy with it, fine with me. I just hope I don't fall asleep like I did during Ice Age. If I do, no big deal, I will just catch it on Netflix whenever it comes out. The weather is definitely warmer today. I opened windows when I got up instead of closing them. Matt is off to work, so proud of himself for having braved the indecently invasive procedure which is the rite of passage for men his age. What about me? You know what they say in New Jersey? Fahghettabouttit!! No way, Jose!! I don't care if Katie Couric did it on television! There ain't no way! So...let's get back to the farm. We are going to move the chicks into the chicken room in the barn. They are flying around the bathroom, which is too weird even for me. They might be beat up a bit by the grown chickens and roosters, but I'm sorry. They'll be better chickens for it! Roz Savage continues to row against currents, losing ground, but cheerfully rowing again the next day to gain ground, hoping to reach landfall on one of the Pacific Islands instead of Australia or the Phillipines. I read her blog every day and am inspired by her strength and fortitude. Kind of like my quest to make this farm work...rowing against currents that would capsize or thwart my dream. Row on, Roz, row on.

No comments: