Friday, July 03, 2009

I Did a Stupid Thing


As we were saying goodbye to the horses at Barb's barn yesterday, I stuck my arm through the bars of Ellie's stall to stroke her. She was eating a flake of hay with gusto. As I passed my elbow joint through the narrow bars I thought, this is not smart - what if she whipped her head around and broke my arm. Well, she didn't do that, but she did whip her head up from the hay and bite my arm. It was more of a gnash than a bite, as if I was more hay. It really wasn't malicious, as she just went back to eating hay. It hurts, and is more colorful today, and will act as a reminder not to do such a foolish thing again.

3 comments:

Henya said...

I wish you a speedy recovery. This sounds like something I would do.

Cornerstone Fibres said...

OWIE OWIE OWIE -put some of Maggies wonderfulc reme on them -helps with ehaling too :) At least it feels good on it -I get Daryl to put some on the stitches as well -darn absorable stitches that aren't!

HUGS
Kim
crew all conked out on the couch watching movies on a rainy day.

Annie said...

Ice will help too. Sorry about the bruise...hope it heals quickly!