Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday Morning Musings


Clear, windy and cool this morning on the farm. Still wearing flannels and closing windows against the cold air. Am I dreaming or is this July? Does this cool weather mean we'll have a viciously cold winter? Don't want to think so. It's 11 am and the kids are still hunkered down under blankets watching cartoons. I served them Fruit Loops and Apple Jacks under the covers. The wind is brisk and I would like to fly my kite again but the kids want to go to Walmart. I was hoping to wait until Harry Potter comes out on Wednesday as the Marquee Cinema is across from WM. It's a half hour drive and I like to "consolidate" as best I can. I received an email from a lady who wanted a bag she saw at the fair on Saturday. I called her and she sent her grandson to pick it up this morning. He arrived in a little red Jeep and brought a check. I like doing business like this! I heard about a new festival in NY being put together by two SUNY professor alpaca breeders, the Meriwethers, in Binghamton, NY. I email last night and they sent an application. It will be held at Apple Hills in B'ton on October 4. I am trying to take advantage of local venues, for obvious reasons, and B'ton is only an hour away. What could be better? My fall is booked pretty solid. The challenge now is to make LOTS of natural fibery products along with my fabulous soap, as simple and primitive as it is (and I like it that way), Bundaflicka totes, Shepherd's creme, and note cards. Kimmie Cornerstone gave me some neat ideas for little fibery gifts (that girl is so clever). If only there were more hours in the day...

No comments: