Friday, January 29, 2010

Shots


I give a LOT of shots to my sheep. Everybody gets a couple of vaccines at least once a year. Yesterday, I got three, two flu shots and a tetanus. I think it's been ten years since I last had an injection, other than a morphine IV in the ER in New Jersey for my lovely, wonderful lower back. By the way, morphine doesn't take away the pain, it just dulls your mind and takes away your ability to deal with the pain. Interesting. Nurse Renee told me I would be sore and achy, but it doesn't hurt unless I touch it. I said for years that I would never get a flue shot, but Mia says it's okay, so I guess it's okay. I'm wondering, why she gave me all three shots in the same spot? I always spread them out on my sheep. Many shepherds don't believe in vaccinating their sheep, or people for that matter. Bill Gates is donating 10 billion dollars for vaccines in underdeveloped countries over the next few years. I wonder if someone forgot to give him that memo?

No comments: