Saturday, January 16, 2010

Big Night Out


We attended a house party hosted by one of Matt's office mates at NY Weatherization. Sometimes I feel crippled in a room full of humans after spending so much time with sheep and goats. I communicate telepathically with my animals, who don't require any social graces, just quiet and gentle movements along with ample food and water. Everyone brought a dish, mine was a yam/marshmallow casserole. We had a nice time but left fairly early to get home to Monkey, who I thought was going into labor tonight. We arrived home to find Monkey resting comfortably so went about chores and bottle feeding. While throwing down hay Matt found a hefty red buck kid in the hay mow, all dried off and warm. We brought them down into the "goat room" for crotching and a dose of colostrum. This butch kid makes three right outside my apartment door. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is as cute as an angora buck kid, all curly and cute with those long ears hanging down. Maybe Monkey will come through tonight with a pair of black girls for me, as all these boys are slightly disappointing...fantasies are free, right? I'm settling down to watch Inglourious Basterds on payperview. We'll see what the morning brings.

3 comments:

andrea said...

I covet an angora goat ... I truly do :)

Jody said...

Coloured mohair is absolutely beautiful and I could imagine having the real live kid would be even better :)
I think animals are far more entertaining than people at times.

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Any news from Monkey yet??? I'm sure th eboys are darling and sweet but we all know Monkey is #1 goat on Maggies Farm :)
HUGs to all
Kim and crew