Thursday, January 07, 2010

Cold and Dark


I hate being the last one to leave and the first to come home. I've had to stay late the last two days to finish my Therapeutic Crisis Intervention training. The big test was today, written and physical. We practiced restraints on each other, kind of funny actually, seeing grown teachers on the mats grappling with and holding each other down. I rushed home on snow covered roads, imagining frozen little bundles on the floor of the barn, but no bad news. Just a dark barn and lots of hungry, needy animals, and a human that feels a little needy at times, too. Oh, would I love to walk into a brightly lit apartment after a long day at work and smell a chicken roasting in the oven, or soup simmering on the stove. Ain't gonna happen anytime soon. Tomorrow is Friday and it comes in the nick of time. I've decided to show the Beowulf movie to my class, after a lesson on the history of the manuscript. Fortunately, it's not rated and, although Angelina Jolie is in a tight golden leotard, none of her specific places are showing. Not that the students would mind, but my supervisor or a parent might. It's awfully cold in the barn, too cold to not cover my hands, making chores difficult. Tomorrow the high will be in the 20's and I have to be careful of pipes freezing. I'll be on lamb and kid watch all weekend, but, thankfully, I can stay home. Maybe I'll buy a chicken to roast...

1 comment:

Penny said...

It's been a long week so ...
Buy the chicken, veggies, a nice loaf of bread, and do not forget dessert!!.