Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Lamb


So much sorrow and devastation in Haiti, but in the barn at Maggie's Farm there is peace and love and new hope for the future as each little lamb and kid is born. This morning as I was creeping into the quiet, sleeping throng of sheep to give little Tank his bottle, I heard the soothing sounds of a mother talking to her newborn lamb. I told my students about him and they decided he should be named Bubba. Mom and babe doing fine in this balmy, 30 F. temperature.

2 comments:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

HUGS to all
Sending up prayer and good thoughts to the universe to help those in need!
Kim and crew

Kathleen said...

Happy New Year, Maggie! I spun and made a beret of your gorgeous wool. The beret is here: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8BGudfDZ_O0/S03-mqlY9xI/AAAAAAAABM0/8sh7-YqydrY/s1600-h/13+Jan+2010+017.jpg