Monday, January 18, 2010

All Full at the Inn


This is what I see when I open my apartment door. I'm going outside now to move some moms and two day old kids up to the hay mow to live. There are hardly any sheep up there and Chris, the llama, will guard them. The layer of loose hay on the floor will keep them warm, along with the sweaters I put on them. A good thick sweater, knit from real wool, not acrylic, combined with angora or alpaca, will keep a kid warm in very cold weather providing it's nursing okay. The room adjacent to the apartment is full of moms with babies. The moms attack Izzy as he goes out the door. I've rescued him a couple of times already. Good mommies, just protecting their babies. It's getting a little ripe out there and I want the babies to breathe clean fresh air.

No comments: