Monday, January 18, 2010

Monkey Gives Birth



We've had a few babies born this holiday weekend, and, finally, Monkey gave birth. The watch-labor never happens. We went to WM and grabbed a sandwich at Panera then came home to find Monkey with two buck twins, one black and one red. Unfortunately they were both stuck behind storage tubs and a piece of dry-wall and Monkey was very upset. She decided to reject the little red boy in favor of the black one. I tried and tried to get them mothered up but no deal. She butted him for a couple of hours when I said that's it, and brought him inside for a bottle. This is very rare and I thought it might have been the circumstances of the birth when Matt pointed out that Monkey herself was rejected by her mother, Celeste, in favor of another twin. Maybe something in her little goat brain remembered being butted away from her mother and did the same to her baby. Who knows! I'm hoping to find someone who will take this adorable little guy as a pet, maybe to live with horses. He takes his bottle beautifully and loves to be held and is so, so sweet.

4 comments:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Can you not convince one of the other mommies to take him? He's sooo darn cute -sure wish twon bylaws didn't prevent me from having a goat or I would be down there in a heartbeat to get him!
Monkey sure does produce stunning babies even if she didn't get the doe part of the memo :)
HUGS
Kim and crew

Penny said...

Monkey's babes are sweet.

Wish I lived closer so I could help you. I grew up bottle feeding calves so have a little experience.

Henya said...

He is so cute!

andrea said...

I love bottle fed babies

good thing a) I'm too far away
and b) not quite ready for goats yet or I'd be SO THERE :)