Thursday, January 21, 2010

Home Again


I have to face the fact that I am no longer bullet-proof. I'm home for another day. Got up to get ready for work and realized I was still feverish, sweaty and not well. Called my faithful, wonderful, amazing aide, Mrs. Price, who told me everything was going well in school and not to worry. Every teacher should have a Mrs. Price. I might actually get the dishes washed today and put a load of laundry in. It's nice to be able to keep up with breaking news and spend quality time with the critters. I'll be sitting up today more than lying down. Yesterday was a prone day. I made an appointment with the Bassett clinic in Sherburne to get checked out next week. It's tough to get appointments around here but they have some new people on staff. I haven't had a "doctor" ever in my life, other than an obstetrician or an orthopedic when I broke my leg. I can't imagine someone looking at my total well being, the way people do when they have a regular MD they see every year, but maybe "Nurse Tonya," a local nurse practitioner, will do that. I have many questions about this and that. When something is going on I look it up on the internet and come up with a dire diagnosis that's probably ridiculous. Matt likes to tell me that if something happens to me the farm will be "disbanded immediately," in his words. I don't like the sound of that! At least he's honest.

1 comment:

Four Owls Farm said...

Good for you, get your rest and lots of garlic - it truly helps.