Monday, June 22, 2009

Wow


I just found a blog kept by a British woman named Roz Savage. She is rowing across the Pacific alone. I am in awe of her, and also very envious. Roz held an office job in London for 11 years and finally said I'm outta here. You go, girl! Her blog is so much fun to read and is so honest and human. So I became one of the hundreds of followers to subscribe to her daily posts coming from the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Please, oh Please, let me do something so free and exciting and challenging with my life before the body goes completely out from under me!! Roz is pelted by flying fish, waves, and relentless sunshine but doesn't really seem to mind the solitude, sharks that are surely lurking around, or giant ships that might run her over. She talks about strange noises she hears while lying in her bunk at night. To me that would be the noise of Jaws himself trying to pop a hole in the boat so he could have me for dinner. Anyway, Roz is very inspiring and I plan on reading all her blog posts and checking out her You Tube videos so I can hear her voice. And guess what? With rowing all day she can eat whatever she wants and never gain weight!! She's had terrible problems with her butt rubbing raw so I offered to send some Shepherd's Friend Hand Creme to her next port if she'll give me her address.

No comments: