Monday, June 29, 2009

Let's Go Fly a Kite



I bought this kite almost 30 years ago in Provincetown, Cape Cod, at a kite shop that I like to think is still there. I had it tacked to AJ's ceiling in his baby nursery, flying across his room in great big loops. He would stand on the rail of his crib, leap into the air and grab the kite, making all the tacks pop out of the ceiling bringing the whole thing down. What a daredevil. He's much more careful these days. I've wanted to fly it here on my perfect kite flying hill for some time and today I finally did it. The wind would come in fits and starts, but we got it high enough to oooh and aaahhh and have a lovely time. I wanted to lie on the daisy dotted field and watch the kite dance but Luke has a hard time staying in one place for very long.

No comments: