Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Stitch in Time...


I am proud to announce I am one of the lucky recipients of Henya's Hand-Made Stitch Markers! You can view my beautiful prize on www.chickenstitches.blogspot.com. My name was drawn out of a hat last night. I need stitch markers to continue working on my gansey sweater. I knit the plain body but the yoke has lots of fancy gansey stitches in sections. The markers will be placed between the sections to tell me where to change stitches. The pattern is marked "easy" but that's not the case for me. No time for knitting right now. Off to school today then come home and continue getting things in shape for my company, who are flying in to Buffalo tonight at 11 PM!!! You might ask why so far away? Eric's free credit card tickets would not send them to Albany, only two hours away, and would not send them after the 25th. Sooo, here they come and my sainted daughter, Mia, traded work days with another nurse to go pick them up. She will keep them overnight in Buffalo, then bring them to the farm tomorrow night. OH, what a daughter I have!! And OH, what fun we will have on the farm. No news from Roz Savage, the environmental activist ocean rower I am following across the Pacific...hope she hasn't been toppled by a wave. Her rowboat is called "Brocade," so cool!

2 comments:

Henya said...

Congrads, I am so happy you won.

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Hurray I'm so happy for you!!!! You must be so excited -don't squish the kds when you see them LOL.
HUGs to all
Kim and crew in Canada