Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Over the Hump


I am dragging today. Don't know what is the matter with me. I can hardly put one foot in front of the other. Thankfully it's Wednesday. Managed to get to the PO after work and pick up the soap labels Carol Crayonbox made for me. I want to get a box of lavender ready for the market on Saturday. I have a big batch of Gingerberry to cut tonight, too. My snap frames came from Ghee's and some really cute fabric I bought online. I like to have some new bags out every week to keep my patrons interested. Trouble is, when I come in from getting all that fresh air, and get through my chores and dinner, I don't have much left for work. Have to pace myself and figure out how to get it all done. I really didn't think I would be working quite this hard at my age...but I picked this lifestyle and will try to keep it going as long as I can. I'm almost four years into a ten year plan and not keeping up with the schedule. A farm is a giant hole to pour your money into. Even with money it takes many hands, legs, feet, elbows to do it right. I've gotta be nuts. What was I thinking??? I'm excited about my trip to New Jersey in a couple of weeks. Woodsedgewools is hosting their first fiber festival. I've been visiting this classy alpaca farm for years. They built a huge event building (where the Rockettes come out from Manhattan and entertain the alpaca customers) and invited vendors. I'll give it a try. Have to book a room in Flemington...maybe with a Jacuzzi bathtub, vibrating bed and a silly little refrigerator filled with tiny bottles of cheer. Dreeeeeaaaammmm oooonnnnn!

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Darn it I was just going to say "OH OH pick me to go with you " LOL But hey I'd go even if we had to sleep in the truck -need help just say the word and I'm there ;)
HUGS to all
Kim